Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions are enforced upon the instruction of Thomas Cleaning and are enforced through the relationship of the Client and The company until such time as this agreement is terminated.
● The Parties agree to do everything necessary to ensure that the terms of this Agreement take effect.
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, all monetary amounts referred to in this Agreement are in GBP.
In the event that this Agreement is terminated by the Client prior to completion of the Services but where the Services have been partially performed, the Contractor will be entitled to pro rata payment of the Payment to the date of termination provided that there has been no breach of contract on the part of the Contractor.
The Contractor will be responsible for all income tax liabilities and National Insurance or similar contributions relating to the Payment and the Contractor will indemnify the Client in respect of any such payments required to be made by the Client.
The Contractor will be solely responsible for the payment of all remuneration and benefits due to the employees of the Contractor, including any National Insurance, income tax and any other form of taxation or social security costs.
The Contractor will not be reimbursed for any expenses incurred in connection with providing the Services of this Agreement.
Periodically the Contractor may need to review fees which may increase by a fair and reasonable amount where a significant and unexpected change occurs in the law or the regulation or from external factors including but not limited to supplies, which results in a significant increase in our costs. This increase will only occur if required at the Contract Renewal Date.
PENALTIES FOR LATE PAYMENT
Any late payments will trigger a fee of 8% per month plus the Bank of England base rate on the amount still owing.
Confidential information (the "Confidential Information") refers to any data or information relating to the business of the Client which would reasonably be considered to be proprietary to the Client including, but not limited to, accounting records, business processes, and client records and that is not generally known in the industry of the Client and where the release of that Confidential Information could reasonably be expected to cause harm to the Client.
The Contractor agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any Confidential Information which the Contractor has obtained, except as authorised by the Client or as required by law.
The Contractor further agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any personal information of the Client, without the prior written consent of the Client. The obligations of confidentiality will apply during the Term and will survive indefinitely upon termination of this Agreement.
RETURN OF PROPERTY
● Upon the expiry or termination of this Agreement, the Contractor will return to the Client any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Client.
● In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Contractor is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Contractor and the Client acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them and is exclusively a contract for service.
● Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor will have full control over working time, methods, and decision making in relation to provision of the Services in accordance with the Agreement. The Contractor will work autonomously and not at the direction of the Client. However, the Contractor will be responsive to the reasonable needs and concerns of the Client.
● Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor will provide at the Contractor’s own expense, any and all equipment, accessories, chemicals, solvents, cleaning fluids, workwear and any other supplies necessary to deliver the Services in accordance with the Agreement.
● The Parties acknowledge that this Agreement is non-exclusive and that either Party will be free, during and after the Term, to engage or contract with third parties for the provision of services similar to the Services.
● All notices, requests, demands or other communications required or permitted by the terms of this Agreement will be given in writing.
Both parties will give 30 days’ notice to any changes or cancellations of this agreement.
● Except to the extent paid in settlement from any applicable insurance policies, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, each Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party, and its respective directors, shareholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, which result from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective directors, shareholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.
MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENT
Any amendment or modification of this Agreement or additional obligation assumed by either Party in connection with this
Agreement will only be binding if evidenced in writing signed by each Party or an authorised representative of each Party.
TIME OF THE ESSENCE
Time is of the essence in this Agreement. No extension or variation of this Agreement will operate as a waiver of this provision.
● The Contractor will not voluntarily, or by operation of law, assign or otherwise transfer its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Client.
● It is agreed that there is no representation, warranty, collateral agreement or condition affecting this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
This Agreement will ensure to the benefit of and be binding on the Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators and permitted successors and assigns.
Headings are inserted for the convenience of the Parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement.
Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
● In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
● The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay, or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions.