Don’t spend precious time doing household chores.
Posted on Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Here are a few ways to make housekeeping faster and easier:
- Sharpen scissors and pinking shears cutting through several layers of aluminium foil. Use the same method for can openers. It really works!
- To quickly remove pet hair from clothes or furniture, rub them with old-fashioned rubber gloves (like some people wear for doing dishes). You can buy them at any supermarket. Dampen the gloves first for an even faster job.
- Got a loose button? Dab some clear nail polish on top of the thread and let it dry. It will never come off.
- To restore toilet bowls back to their shiny best, clean with old, flat Coke or Pepsi. To dissolve limescale, leave the coke overnight to soak.
- Toss your soiled shower curtain in the washer with a couple of bath towels and the usual amount of detergent. Hang to dry.
- Keep kitchen brushes and sponges clean a sweet-smelling by putting them on the top rack of the dishwasher every time you run it.
These are just a few of our top tips. Check out my blog for weekly tips and advice.